Delhi: Sky to remain generally cloudy throughout day with chances of light rain
It was a cold and cloudy morning in the national capital on Monday with the minimum temperature recorded at 11.5 degrees Celsius, four notches above the season's average, the weather office said. "The sky will remain generally cloudy throughout the day with chances of light rain or thunder-showers. There are also possibilities of isolated hail storm," an India Meteorological Department (IMD) official said. He also said that gusty wind is likely to prevail during the day. Due to fog, at least 12 trains heading to the national capital, were running late by one to five hours.
The humidity at 8.30 a.m. was recorded at 95 per cent. According to the System of Air Quality and Weather Forecasting And Research (SAFAR), the overall air quality of the national capital was recorded in the 'very poor' category with the air quality index being at 322. On Sunday, the maximum temperature was recorded at 28.7 degrees Celsius, seven notches above the season's average, while the minimum temperature was recorded at 7 degrees Celsius, the season's average.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- DNO to lift capital spending significantly in 2019 after Q4 beats forecasts
- Private equity and venture capital investment in Jan decline to USD 1.8 bn: Report
- Outer Ring Road in Kenya’s capital to get multiple bus stops, footbridges
- Man arrested in Sweden for knife attack in capital Stockholm
- BRIEF-Tusk Told May that Corbyn's Plan To Remain In Customs Union Would Be Promising Way Out Of Current Brexit Impasse- Sky