West Ham's Wilshere to miss Everton clash with ankle injury
"Jack (Wilshere) felt a pain in his ankle two days ago and he will not play at the weekend," Pellegrini told reporters ahead of Sunday's visit to Goodison Park.
"We should know more after the medical review in the next few days."
Mexican striker Javier Hernandez is also unavailable having missed a week of training through illness.
Pellegrini insists he remains dedicated to the project and that he retains the full backing of the board.
"I know the way they think, the owners and (vice-chairman) Karren Brady," the Chilean added.
"I spoke with all of them before I started this project here at West Ham. Of course, it is always important that you know they are supporting you.
"Nobody expected to lose the first four games but that will not change, at least in my mind. If the owners and Karren continue thinking the same way, that is always good news."
Marco Silva's Everton has recorded three draws and a win in their opening four league matches but will face West Ham without Brazilian forward Richarlison, who is serving the final game of a three-match suspension.=
- Soccer-West Ham hand evidence to police on racist abuse of Salah
- Kodatarai rally: Modi asks people to guard against 'mahamilavat' regime
- Cricket-Windies skipper Holder set for Northamptonshire stint
- Sikkim Democratic Front to field new faces in 50 pct Assembly seats: CM Chamling
- People should be wary of 'mahamilavat': Modi on Oppn alliance