DDCA bans cricketer for assaulting selector
Former India pacer and current DDCA chairman of the senior selection committee Amit Bhandari was attacked by a group of unidentified goons during the Under-23 state trials at St Stephens ground here on Monday. Bhandari was hit by iron rods and hockey sticks at the trials, before being rushed to a hospital by his co-selector Sukhvinder Singh.
The goons fled the spot before the police could arrive. Bhandari got 7 stitches for cuts on his legs and head.
- India opt to bat in fifth ODI, Dhoni back
- India is a multiplicity of stories, says Canadian author Yann Martel
- India should stop blaming Pakistan for its problems: Qureshi
- Jaitley hints he may not return to India in time to reply to Budget debate
- Harman International in talks with large automobile firms in India