Railways, Karnataka, MP enter quarters
Defending champions Railways, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Haryana, Jharkhand and Punjab on Wednesday progressed to the quarterfinals the 9th Hockey India Senior Women National Championship 2019 (A Division) here. It was a rampant Railway Sports Promotion Board who started the day off with a 22-0 victory over Coorg in Pool A.
In the other Pool A match, Karnataka defeated Rajasthan 3-0 to secure the second spot. The win saw Karnataka finish with a tally of nine points as captain Leelavathy M J Mallamada (29', 48') and Soumyashree Napanda (7') scored for them. Madhya Pradesh topped Pool B beating Bhopal 4-1 to get to 10 points from four matches. Jyoti Pal (8', 24', 59') and Narender Kaur (18') scored for Madhya Pradesh while Bhopal captain Shivani Bisht (29') scored the only goal for her team.
- Rajasthan to encourage people helping road accident victims with felicitation
- 2-day disaster management exercise to be held in Rajasthan
- SC lashes out at Rajasthan govt over failure to curb illegal mining
- Rajasthan govt plans to give free cancer medicines to patients
- One more person dies of swine flu in Rajasthan, toll at 86