Private info of German politicians leaked in hack
Hackers managed to get hold of several telephone numbers, private addresses, party memos, personal banking information and family information belonging to several politicians affecting most political parties in the country apart from the far-right Alternative for Germany (AfD), Efe news reported.
"According to initial information, there is no concern (for the security) of governmental networks," it added.
The German media said that the private details were published over the Christmas period but only garnered public attention on Thursday.
Notable cases included sports journalist Hajo Seppelt, who broke the Russian doping scandal, and comedian Jan Bohmermann, who in 2016 sparked controversy with a satirical swipe at Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
- It's wrong of Krish to attack me: Kangana Ranaut
- UPDATE 1-One guard dead, 5 hurt in attack as Iran holds anniversary
- Krish should not attack me: Kangana Ranaut on row over 'Manikarnika'
- Swine flu attack kills 9 over past week in Morocco, says Health minister
- Golf-Garcia disqualified from Saudi International for damaging greens