Deadline for selecting TV channels extended till March 31
The new framework came into force on February 1 and several consumers who did not migrate to the new tariff norms complained about paid channels being deactivated. The TRAI also told the operators to design a "best fit plan" for the subscribers who have not migrated to the new framework, the statement said.
"The 'best fit plan' shall be designed based on consumers' usage pattern, language spoken and popularity of channels. It should preferably be a blended combination of various genres. While making 'best fit plan' for a subscriber, DPOs (distribution platform operators) should ensure that payout per month of the 'best fit plan' generally does not exceed the payout per month of existing tariff plan of the subscriber," it said. Subscribers will be free to change their "best fit plan" until July 31, 2019.
- Pan-African telecom operators trying to enter Ethiopia to serve 105 million people
- Need to move to responsible pricing to balance interests of producers, consumers; only then we can serve energy needs of humanity: PM.
- Operators can't charge TV viewers more than current monthly outgo under 'best fit plan': TRAI
- Perpule unveils UltraPOS to facilitate consumers without bulky servers and computers
- TRAI gives time till March 31 to consumers to choose channels under new regulatory regime