Declining confidence of investors weighs on value to cryptocurrencies
Other cryptocurrencies also fell sharply, with Ethereum's ether down 1.6 per cent and Ripple's XRP down a similar amount in a largely sentiment-driven slide.
Bitcoin was last trading at $3,880 -- holding above 2018 lows hit last week. A broad-based selloff in digital currencies has knocked off three-fourth in value of the world's best-known cryptocurrency this year.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- British plc's risk appetite falls to lowest level in nearly a decade: Deloitte
- FDI falls 11 pct during April-September period: Official data
- 22 people injured after bus falls into gorge in Himachal's Kangra
- UPDATE 1-U.S. trade deficit for November falls as imports decline
- UPDATE 2-Norwegian Air passenger growth falls in January, but yield rises