GOQii raises sum in funding led by Mitsui
Preventive healthcare platform GOQii Monday said it has raised an undisclosed sum in the series-B round of funding led by Mitsui & Co Ltd of Japan.
Mitsui's investment will enable GOQii to penetrate further across India and will also mark its entry into Japan. Given its ageing population and focus on preventive healthcare, Japan is ripe for the entry of players like GOQii, the company said in a statement.
The company, however, did not disclose the amount it has raised in this funding round.
"We have spent the last few years invalidating our platform and forging partnerships with global insurance and healthcare providers. We are very excited to partner with Mitsui to drive the next phase of our growth," GOQii CEO Vishal Gondal said.
GOQii's product offering is highly complementary to our portfolio of healthcare investments in India and globally and we see several areas of immediate collaboration between us and GOQii, Mitsui Healthcare & Service Business Unit COO Koji Nagatomi said.
Mitsui also sees a strong potential for GOQii to enter the Japanese market and is ready to help the firm achieve its vision and ambitions, he added.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Airtel official says company expecting more 'low end' customers to leave network
- Apple's Siri Vice President steps down; unlikely to leave company
- CORRECTED-Erik Prince company to build training centre in China's Xinjiang
- Pichai losing support of Google employees over ability to lead company: Survey
- Maoists assault staff of pvt construction company, torch