Fire in examination branch of Punjabi University
A fire engulfed the examination branch of the Punjabi University here on Thursday, officials said.
Two security guards posted at the university fainted after inhaling smoke. However, after being evacuated from the premises, their condition has been reported to be stable, they said.
The fire, suspected to be triggered by a short circuit, broke out at 7 am, engulfing the second and third floors of the building.
Fire tenders were rushed to the spot to control the flames.
The examination branch serves as a vital repository of student documents and academic records.
University officials said they will be assessing the full extent of the damage caused by the fire.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)