Fresh protest in Sabarimala temple against police restrictions
The fresh protest broke out at Sabarimala temple on the second day of the two-month-long pilgrimage season as hundreds of devotees gathered at Nadapanthal area and agitated against the restrictions imposed by police.
Due to early incidents of violence at the hill-top shrine, police have had imposed strict restrictions on devotees at Sannidhanam, including not allowing them to stay back in the night.
Police were trying to pacify the protesters.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Sabarimala temple purification due to women entry is 'baseless', says head priest
- Kerala govt backs out from claim of 51 women entering Sabarimala temple
- Churchill Brothers eye win against Shillong to claim top spot
- Kolkata Police chief will have to appear before CBI at Shillong for probe: SC
- Ranu Langthasa elected unopposed chief of NC hills council