Five held for allegedly printing and using fake currency notes in Gujarat
Five persons were held in Himmatnagar in Sabarkantha district of Gujarat for allegedly printing and using fake currency notes, police said Saturday. Acting on a tip-off, police arrested Vijay Vaghela, Vijay Rami, Akshay Rawal, Ashok Parmar and Pravin Patel under IPC section 489 (counterfeiting currency notes) Friday evening.
A colour printer machine, papers and seventeen fake currency notes of Rs 500 denomination were allegedly seized from their possession, a police official said. The accused were printing fake currency for the last two months and using them to make purchases, a police official said. They had also used fake notes across the state border in Rajasthan, he said.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- MSTC files IPO papers with Sebi
- State-run MSTC files draft papers with Sebi to float IPO
- Now, read magazines, newspapers at discount while travelling on trains as railways inks new pact
- Ruckus in UP assembly as opposition throw papers on opening day of Budget session
- Murdoch's News Corp posts profit amid struggles at newspapers