Bengaluru tax defaulter held in Mumbai, jailed for 6 months
"For the first time in Karnataka, a Bengaluru businessman was stopped on Monday at the Mumbai airport from leaving the country and arrested for allegedly not paying Rs 11.94 crore income tax and penalty arrears," said the Income Tax Department in a statement here without naming the defaulter.
A tax recovery officer sent the defaulter to the city central jail for six months after he failed to arrange for paying the tax arrears, including penalty and interest after he was brought from Mumbai under police custody.
- Soccer-Newport hope bobbly pitch will help them against Man City
- BJP member in Lok Sabha demands jail for people involved in ponzi schemes
- Norwegian Air cuts its expected capacity growth for 2019 post Q4 loss
- Soccer-Man City beat Chelsea to reach Women's League Cup final
- DOJ orders probe into Brooklyn jail conditions after days of protests