Rajasthan lawmaker rides bicycle to office, urge people to use it more
Rajasthan Transport Minister Pratap Singh Khachriyawas rode a bicycle from home to the secretariat on Friday. Speaking to media, he said, "I am a public servant. I love to be like a common man. Once a week, I shall reach office by bicycle," he said.
According to Khachriyawas, he will walk to the secretariat once a week. He will also cycle to the secretariat once a week. He also called upon people to ride a bicycle to their places of work. "Leaving the luxury of cars, one should try to ride bicycles which would be a good initiative for one's health," he said.
Khachriyawas was accompanied by a large number of people as he drove to the secretariat in a bicycle. "Cycling will help in preserving the environment and will also help in improving traffic arrangement," he said.
He said he will sit among people on 'chaupal' to address their grievances. "I will personally visit the collectorate, the Jaipur Development Authority and pension office to listen to the problems of the people and will try to address them then and there," he said.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- "International politics can't base itself on ultimatums": Venezuela's Maduro
- NFL-Glady Knight's national anthem costs betting company dearly
- REFILE-NFL-Gladys Knight's national anthem costs betting company dearly
- I don't care about box office: Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Sonia, Rahul Gandhi start cross examination of complainant in National Herald case