Nairobi, Jan 16 (AFP) Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta said Wednesday that all Islamists who had stormed an upmarket hotel complex had been "eliminated" after an almost 20-hour siege that left at least 14 dead.
Police sources and a mortuary official had previously reported 15 dead.
It was not immediately clear how many attackers there were in total.
At least one of them blew himself up at the start of the attack.
"The two have red bandanas tied around their forehead and bullets strapped around their chest with several magazines each," the senior police officer said.
"Each had an AK47 which has been secured." (AFP) RUP