Sanctions by US on Venezuela state oil company amount to illegal interference says Kremlin
The Kremlin said on Tuesday that U.S. sanctions on Venezuela's state oil company amounted to illegal and open interference in the Latin American country's domestic affairs. Moscow is assessing the impact on Russia of the sanctions and intends to use all legal mechanisms at its disposable to protect Russia's interests in Venezuela in light of the sanctions, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Russia to exit INF treaty in six months following US pullout: Report
- Jehovah's Witness faces jail term in Russia amid outcry of rights groups
- Taliban-Afghan politician second day peace talks in Moscow as Kabul govt ignored
- UPDATE 1-Russia jails Jehovah's Witness for six years in landmark case
- Putin says Russia may extend amnesty for capital return to country by an year