U.S. to examine risks involving its partnership with Huawei, says Pompeo
The United States will share its knowledge of risks involving Chinese telecoms equipment manufacturer Huawei with countries such as Hungary, U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said on Monday during a visit to Budapest. "If that (Huawei) equipment is co-located where we have important American systems, it makes it more difficult for us to partner alongside them," Pompeo told journalists.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Australia's decision to rescind my visa based on speculation: Chinese businessman
- Russia wants European countries to reap benefits of Nord Stream 2
- Activists urge Uzbekistan to deny Chinese extradition request of ethnic Kazakh
- UPDATE 1-Pompeo to discuss concerns over Huawei in Hungary visit - official
- Chinese billionaire barred from Australia