UPDATE 1-Suicide attack kills 20 members of Iran's Revolutionary Guards - Fars news
A suicide car bomb targeted a bus carrying members of the Guards, the Guards said in a statement. The attack happened on the road between the cities of Zahedan and Khash, a volatile area near the Pakistan border where militant groups and drug smugglers frequently operate.
The group Jaish al Adl claimed reponsibility for the attack, which also wounded ten members of the Guards, Fars reported. A video posted by Fars showed blood and debris on the highway at the site of the attack.
An attack by gunmen on a military parade in the city of Ahvaz last fall killed at least 25 people, including 12 members of the Guards. (Reporting By Babak Dehghanpisheh; Editing by Toby Chopra)
- US to deploy additional 3,750 troops along Mexico border for three months
- Two injured after leopard enters residential area in Pune
- Irish minister criticizes Ireland for obstructing resolution of border issue with UK
- Trump admin to deploy additional 3,750 US forces at border with Mexico
- US prepares to start building portion of Texas border wall