France, Iran close to restoring ambassadors - foreign minister
"But we are close to reaching a conclusion on this situation as long as (Iran) keeps to the 2015 (nuclear) deal." France in October said there was no doubt Iran's intelligence ministry was behind a June plot to attack an exiled opposition group's rally outside Paris and it seized assets belonging to Tehran's intelligence services and two Iranian nationals.
Those sanctions have since been adopted at European Union level after further accusations against Iran for plotting attacks elsewhere in Europe. Iranian and French diplomats have said the exchange of diplomats is likely before the summer. (Reporting by John Irish; Editing by Leigh Thomas)
- Jonathan Austin appointed as new Ambassador to Indonesia
- Austria sees heightened risk of hard Brexit: Foreign Minister
- Russia not prepared to adopt INF treaty says Germany Foreign minister
- 'Not worth the ink' - Iran Foreign minister on any deal with US
- Exit from Brexit? I'd like it, but it's unlikely - German foreign minister