China irked over Williamson 'warship' remark, cancels trade talks with Hammond
Chinese Vice Premier Hu Chunhua has cancelled trade talks with Britain's finance minister Philip Hammond after defence secretary Gavin Williamson threatened to deploy a warship in the Pacific, The Sun newspaper reported on Thursday.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Hong Kong faces proliferation of wild boars in Chinese New Year of the Pig
- New Year of the Pig: Chinese urged to eat less pork and help save planet
- Parliament informed about anti-dumping measures taken against Chinese products
- China-Angola relation taking new paths in investment, hints Chinese ambassador
- South Africa targets developing tourism industry, attracts more Chinese tourists