Russia PM says pressure of economic sanctions by US likely to continue
Russia understands that it will remain under the pressure of economic sanctions, Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev told a conference in the Black Sea resort of Sochi on Thursday. U.S. Republican and Democratic senators on Wednesday introduced a bill seeking to impose sanctions on its banking, energy and foreign debt to punish Russia for meddling in U.S. elections and for its aggression in Ukraine.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- There could be war within Republicans over Trump's border wall: Senator
- Democratic Unions Party in Ireland tells Theresa May about faults with border agreements in Brexit
- CORRECTED-Trump's 2020 Democratic rivals pounce to criticize State of the Union speech
- SOTU address "lacked substance" - Trump's 2020 Democratic rivals
- Democratic women project picture of calm displeasure during Trump's speech