'Zero' trailer row: Bombay HC to hear plea against Shah Rukh's film trailer on November 30
The Bombay High Court has posted for hearing on November 30 a petition filed against actor Shah Rukh Khan and makers of the film "Zero", claiming that the movie's trailer has hurt sentiments of the Sikh community.
Amritpal Singh Khalsa, an advocate, had filed the petition earlier this month, seeking a direction to the film's director and producers to delete the scenes where the lead actor Khan is seen wearing a 'kirpan' (a sword or small dagger carried by Sikhs).
Khalsa took exception to this scene and referred to the historical and cultural importance of kirpan, saying it is worn after taking 'rehat Maryada' (conversion to Sikhism).
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Poll in Russia shows majority feel country is moving in wrong direction
- Bokaro DC, SP removed on EC's directions
- NSA Ajit Doval is giving direction to CBI on instruction from PM Modi: Mamata.
- Madras HC quashes PIL seeking direction to Finance Min to bring back black money
- AAI President says we are moving in right direction to get approval from ministry