Manipur CM asks Ministers, officials to resign if not concerned about people's welfare
The spacious hall was empty except for some elected members and officials.
Biren Singh said that the government had started giving due respect to all those little known and unsung heroes who had done so many things for the country.
He said that some Nagas from Manipur had been sent on exile to Kalapani along with prince Kullachandra of Manipur during the British occupation.
He also recalled the leadership of former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi, who was born on this day, in maintaining the country's integrity and her role in "Operation Blue Star" to flush out Sikh militants from the Golden Temple in 1984.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Smartworks consolidates leadership in Delhi NCR with two new centres
- MLA poaching: Congress blames BJP central leadership behind horse trading
- Modi's leadership qualities 'unmatched', he will be BJP's PM
- Entire frontline leadership of Cong on bail, could be behind bars any time: Jitendra Singh
- Vajpayee will always be remembered for his decisive leadership: President