Rajkot police announces Rs 50000 reward for information about unidentified child head
The Rajkot police in Gujarat announced a reward of Rs 50,000 Wednesday for information about the severed head of an unidentified child found near the Aji river in the district. The child is estimated to be in the age group of 5-12 years.
The head was found near Bhagvati Para Tuesday, while the remaining body is still missing. "We have announced a reward of Rs 50,000 to anybody who gives us information regarding the severed head," said inspector R S Thakar of Rajkot B-division police station.
The police were also investigating if the gruesome killing had anything to do with `black magic' ritual, he said. "We have sent the head for examination to forensic experts who will first determine if it was a boy or a girl," inspector Thakar said. The police were also sifting through missing children data to get a clue as to the child's identity, he said.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Strong US jobs, factory data support dollar, Aussie dollar tumbles
- CORRECTED-GLOBAL MARKETS-Asia stocks quiet, dollar supported after upbeat U.S. jobs data
- Dollar hovers near one-week high against yen on strong US jobs data
- Asian stocks hover near four-month highs after upbeat US job, factory data
- CIGNEX Datamatics now active on UiPath Go! - New App Store for Automation