Jailer, agent arrested for allegedly demanding, accepting bribe: Maha ACB
An official attached to the Adharwadi Jail in Kalyan in the district was Saturday arrested along with another person for allegedly demanding and accepting a bribe, a Maharashtra Anti-Corruption Bureau official said. Sub Jailer Arun Madne (49) had demanded Rs 10,000 from a person who wanted to meet his son who is an Adharwadi Jail inmate, ACB Thane Unit Superintendent of Police Mahesh Patil said. Following a complaint, a trap was laid and Madne and his agent Kishore Kale (45), who came to collect the bribe, were nabbed, Patil told PTI. A case under the Prevention of Corruption Act had been registered with Khadakpada police station in Kalyan and further probe was on, he said.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Refugee Bahraini footballer could remain in jail until August: Thai official
- Briton sentenced to six months for slapping immigration official in Indonesia
- British national faces jail term in Indonesia for slapping official
- Sharif to be shifted to cardiac facility: Official
- Arrested former officials appear in Pretoria Commercial Crimes Court