Centre moves SC seeking nod to return land to Ram Janmabhoomi Nyas, others
The Centre on Tuesday moved the Supreme Court seeking its nod for giving a part of the 67 acres of undisputed land to the Ram Janmabhoomi Nyas and other original owners. The top court was moved for the modification of its March 31, 2003 order, directing the observance of status quo on the acquired 67 acres of undisputed land. The Ram Janmabhoomi Nyas, which has right over 42 acres of this 67 acres, had moved the government seeking return of those 42 acres.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Supreme court reserves judgement on review petitions in Sabarimala case
- Faculty reservation system in universities to be contested by government in Supreme Court
- On abortion, Trump agenda likely leads to Supreme Court, not Congress
- Pakistan Supreme court warns military unit to keep its nose out of politics
- Supreme Court warns Rajasthan government on failure to produce illegal mining records of Aravalli