Kerala Focus paper released
Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan Tuesday released the 'State Focus Paper' on exploitable credit potential prepared by the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development here. Inaugurating the 'State Credit Seminar 2019-20', Vijayan said his government intends to rebuild a state which can withstand calamities like the deluge which Kerala faced last year.
"We need to restore the livelihood which was lost to many people in the state. We intend to rebuild the state which can withstand further calamities like the one which we faced last year," Vijayan said. He also said the rebuilding exercise must be undertaken by utilising the knowledge from across the world.
"By the development of Kerala, we mean a comprehensive development based on social justice which reaches out to every aspect of the society," Vijayan said, adding it was not possible to compare Kerala with other places in India. In other states, development might be focused at a major city and areas around it, he said.
- Weeks before declaration of LS poll schedule, PM to visit three N-E states
- 8 states facilitating inter-state trading via eNAM, 10 states offering inter-mandi trade
- Another avalanche warning in Himachal high hills
- PM Modi to unveil several development projects in three North East states
- Centre planning to honor states, UTs according to PMAY(U) performance