Senior naval officer booked for allegedly molesting maid in Goa
A 46-year-old senior naval officer posted in Goa has been booked for allegedly molesting his domestic help, police said on Thursday. The maid filed a complaint of molestation and sexual harassment against Commodore Mankandan Nambiar, posted at the INS Hansa naval base here, on Wednesday, Vasco police station inspector Nolasco Raposo said.
In the complaint, the woman accused the officer of molesting her at his private residence in Vasco town, located around 40 km from here in South Goa district, he said. The officer has been booked under Indian Penal Code Sections 354 (assault or criminal force on woman with an intent to outrage her modesty), 354-A (sexual harassment) and 354-B (assault or use of criminal force on woman with an intent to disrobe), he said. After the officer was booked, he moved a local court for anticipatory bail, the police added..
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Massive fire breaks out in Bihar's Bhagalpur district; 4 children killed
- MSME Ministry implements schemes for development of MSMEs in backward districts
- African Mining Indaba 2019 brings over 750 investors, dealmakers in Cape Town
- Gorgeous George Hotel to be unveiled in Cape Town in March 2019
- Four children killed in house fire in UK's Stafford town