Thousands of motorcyclists in Puducherry face action for not wearing helmets
Around 30,000 people have been booked for riding motorcycles without wearing helmets in the Union Territory of Puducherry since February 11, a senior police officer said. The officer said traffic policemen have been noting down registration numbers of motorcycles when they come across the riders without helmets.
Court summons will be issued to the violators. The first-time offender will be levied a penalty of Rs 100 and in case of repetition of the offence, an enhanced penalty of Rs 300 will be levied. For violations of the rule thereafter, riders' driving licence would be cancelled, the officer said.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- SC raps CBI for transferring its officer probing Muzaffarpur shelter home sexual assault case.
- Mohit Raina roped in to play police officer's role in 'Bhaukaal'
- Senior IPS officer Dinkar Gupta is new DGP of Punjab
- SC also seeks appearance of all other CBI officers involved in the transfer process of A K Sharma on Feb 12.
- Livspace appoints Kartikeya Bhandari as first Chief Marketing Officer