Left Menu
Development News Edition

COVID-19 death toll rises to 153 in West Bengal with 10 more fatalities in last 24 hours; 87 fresh cases reported: State health dept.

PTI | Kolkata | Updated: 15-05-2020 19:49 IST | Created: 15-05-2020 19:49 IST
COVID-19 death toll rises to 153 in West Bengal with 10 more fatalities in last 24 hours; 87 fresh cases reported: State health dept.

COVID-19 death toll rises to 153 in West Bengal with 10 more fatalities in last 24 hours; 87 fresh cases reported: State health dept.


TRENDING

OPINION / BLOG / INTERVIEW

COVID-19 seems cooking biggest ever global scam

The increasing number of corruption cases on COVID-19 funds from throughout the world and involvement of high profile persons indicate that the countries cant ignore corruption in their pandemic response programs. This has generated the nee...

Health Management Information Systems lack holistic, integrated, and pandemic resilient character

Being a part of the United Nations system, the World Health Organization WHO deserves its share of rebuke for its alleged failure issue COVID-19 health emergency alerts on appropriate time. However, the pandemic has also exposed loopholes i...

Pride in the time of coronavirus: a welcome move online?

This year is different in many ways not least as celebrations are also taking place against the dramatic backdrop of a global health crisis and a resurgence in grassroots activism following the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis. ...

COVID-19: Weighing up the benefits and limitations of edtech platforms

Edtech companies shouldnt focus on merely pushing contents, but to provide an interactive, effective teaching and learning environment. ...

Videos

Latest News

CM Palaniswami eases curbs in Chennai from July 6, extends restrictions in Madurai

Tamil Nadu Chief Minister K Palaniswami on Saturday announced lockdown relaxations for Chennai from July 6, while extending curbs for Madurai and nearby regions till July 12. Chennai, which is under tightened restrictions from June 19 to Ju...

Elderly woman injured after being struck by car driven by drunk Delhi cop

A drunk police sub-inspector was arrested after the car he was driving allegedly hit and injured an elderly woman in east Delhis Ghazipur area, officials said on Saturday. The woman, Noorjahan, was sitting outside her house in Ghazipur Dair...

COVID-19: No written exam for final year semester in Visva Bharati University

The Visva Bharati university has decided to do away with written exams for final year semester and will instead award 60 per cent marks as the average of two best semester scores and the rest 40 per cent under two other heads in view of th...

Hisar MP Brijendra Singh tests positive for COVID-19

BJP MP from Hisar Brijendra Singh tested positive for COVID-19 on Saturday and requested people who had met him recently in his Lok Sabha constituency to get themselves tested and follow all safety precautions. He had quarantined himself af...

Give Feedback