People News Roundup: Nordstrom heir Blake Nordstrom dies at 58; Daryl Dragon of pop duo Captain and Tennille dies at 76
Following is a summary of current people news briefs.
Nordstrom heir Blake Nordstrom dies at 58
Nordstrom Inc said its co-president, Blake Nordstrom, passed away early Wednesday morning at the age of 58. Blake Nordstrom passed away unexpectedly, the department store chain said, less than a month after being diagnosed with lymphoma.
Pioneering Southwest Airlines co-founder Herb Kelleher dies at 87
Herb Kelleher, who co-founded pioneering low-cost carrier Southwest Airlines Co and built it into an industry powerhouse stamped with his colorful, unconventional personality, died on Thursday at age 87, the U.S. carrier said. Kelleher set up Southwest with Rollin King more than 50 years ago, with the airline making its first flight in June 1971. King died in 2014, aged 83.
Daryl Dragon of pop duo Captain and Tennille dies at 76
Singer and pianist Daryl Dragon, best known as "The Captain" of 1970s soft rock duo Captain and Tennille, has died at the age of 76, his publicist said on Wednesday. Dragon died of kidney failure in Prescott, Arizona, on Wednesday, publicist Harlan Boll said in a statement.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Lets look at mandatory laws to be passed before the March 29 Brexit deadline
- Meghalaya CM threatens to quit NDA coalition if Citizenship bill is passed in Rajya Sabha
- NPP threatens to quit NDA if citizenship bill is passed in RS
- Interim budget passed by Lok Sabha
- Citizenship Bill will not be passed: Yashwant Sinha