Congress ashamed of saying 'Bharat Mata Ki Jai': Shah
Addressing a rally in Kukshi area of poll-bound Madhya Pradesh, he also asked the opposition party to give details of its performance when it was in power, before asking the BJP to give a report of its four-and-a-half year governance.
"I happened to know an incident from Rajasthan where a Congress worker wanted to give the slogan 'Bharat Mata Ki Jai', but he was interrupted and made to say 'Sonia Gandhi Ki Jai'," Shah claimed.
"This shows what is more important to a Congress leader... They are ashamed of giving out such slogans," Shah added.
Continuing his attack against the Congress leadership, he said, "Rahul baba (Congress chief) asks us to give a report of our four-and-a-half years of performance. He and his family have been in power for four-and-a-half generations. They should be the first one to talk about their performances."
Lauding the development work undertaken by MP Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, Shah said the state government had brought huge reforms in the agriculture sector but "the figures are deliberately ignored by Congress leaders".
The campaign for the state polls ends Monday evening and voting will take place on Wednesday.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- FEATURE-Russia, China back nuclear as a clean-power fix for Africa
- SC likely to pronounce its verdict on powers of Delhi govt next week
- Congress will scrap triple talaq law when it comes to power, says women's wing chief
- Triple Talaq tool of Modi to put Muslim men in jail, will scrap if in power: Cong
- China sent its army to Doklam, but PM Modi folded hands in front of China, alleges Congress chief Rahul Gandhi.