EU top court says it alone can rule on Berlusconi's ECB appeal
The European Union's top court said on Wednesday it alone has the power to rule on the European Central Bank's decision to freeze Silvio Berlusconi's stake in Italy's Banca Mediolanum MI>.
"The EU Courts alone have jurisdiction to determine, as an incidental matter, whether the legality of the ECB's decision...is affected by any defects of the preparatory acts adopted by the Banca d'Italia," the Court of Justice of the European Union said in response to a question from Italian judges.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Serve would be key on indoor courts in Fed cup: India coach Bhambri
- ADJD adds Hindi as third official language to be spoken in courts
- Tanzania unveils 2 mobile courts worth Sh470 million
- IDFC reports massive 11 fold jump courtsey a tax modification to end at Rs 26.28 cr in quarter 3
- Abu Dhabi declaring Hindi as official language in courts will make justice more accessible: Swaraj