TN-GUV SECY DMK
The DMK Saturday objected to a Raj Bhavan official being seated on a par with Speaker P Dhanapal on the podium in the Assembly when Governor Banwarilal Purohit delivered his customary address to the House days ago. Raising the issue in the Assembly, DMK Deputy Leader Duraimurugan said the Speaker is supreme in the House and wondered how an official could sit on a par with him. Purohit delivered his address on January 2 to the House. The DMK leader showed a photograph of Additional Chief Secretary to the Governor R Rajagopal seated on one side of the podium in a chair while Dhanapal was on the other side with Purohit in the middle addressing the House.
The senior legislator, recalled that in his experience since 1971 he had never seen an official occupying a chair on a par with Speaker on the podium inside the Assembly which was tantamount to lowering the dignity of the House. He said even the Chief Secretary cannot sit on a par with the Speaker on the podium. Officials accompanying the Governor would walk up to the podium and later go to the gallery allotted for officials. Dhanapal said it was usual for officials to accompany the Governor to help him adding such matters will be handled "in the way it should be done," in future.
- Lalnunmawia Chuaungo to replace Arvind Ray as Mizoram chief secretary
- SC secy to inform on Feb 19 whether WB chief secretary, DGP, Kolkata CP are required to be present on Feb 20
- Muzaffarpur shelter home case: SC says court will summon Bihar chief secretary if state fails to give all information.
- Jharkhand HC grants bail to former chief secretary in fodder scam case
- UP Chief Secretary gets 6-month extension in service