Nagaland cabinet rejects Citizenship Bill
It took into account the will and desire of all sections of the people of the state who expressed their opposition and resentment to the Bill in various forms in a democratic manner. The cabinet clarified that the state government, which represents the will and desire of the people, remains opposed to the Citizenship (Amendment) Bill .
The Nagaland cabinet headed by Chief Minister Neiphui Rio also assured that the National Democratic People's Party-led People's Democratic Alliance (PDA) government would leave no stone un-turned to constantly protect the rights and privileges of the people and continue to undertake measures to further strengthen safeguards of the people.
- Ex-Uber driver awarded life term for killing six people in Michigan in 2016
- Trump praises legal immigrants, says he wants people to come into US, but 'legally'
- People throng online library stall in 43rd International Kolkata Fair
- Reuters People News Summary
- UPDATE 1-Afghan president says his government must be 'decision-maker' in any peace deal