Government rejects 'conflict of interest' charge against CAG Mehrishi
As the senior-most Secretary among the five secretaries of the Ministry that time, he was designated as the Finance Secretary on November 11, 2014. He continued as Secretary (Economic Affairs) and Finance Secretary till August 2015 when he demitted office. In a statement on Monday evening, the Ministry said: "Secretary (Economic Affairs) as Finance Secretary doesn't deal with expenditure proposals from the Ministry of Defence; rather it is Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance, which deals with financial sanctions relating to all the ministries of the government of India."
"To claim that Secretary (Economic Affairs) as Finance Secretary would have dealt with the expenditure proposals from the Ministry of Defence is totally a figment of imagination and stretch of facts."
- ANALYSIS-India's central bank delivers a pre-election rate cut gift to Modi but is it enough?
- Food Wars Season 4: Erina-Soma, Eishi-Rindo to represent Rebels, Central respectively
- Mine explodes in Syrian agricultural land in central province, killing 7
- Italy's populist leaders vow to remove top officials of central bank after scandals
- UPDATE 2-Pompeo visit to focus on U.S. concerns over Huawei in central Europe