Mamata should focus on governance in Bengal: BJP
Terming the opposition parties rudderless, Ghosh said they are desperate to wrest power at any cost. "The more these parties organise such rallies, the more will it be clear that Opposition leaders are rudderless and are afraid of (Prime Minister) Narendra Modi," he said.
Referring to BJP leader Mukul Roy being named in an FIR in the killing of a TMC MLA in Nadia district last week, Ghosh said Trinamool Congress government was trying to implicate BJP leaders and workers in false cases ahead of the Lok Sabha polls. "The Trinamool is afraid of the BJP due to the growing popularity of our party in the state. That is why the TMC is implicating BJP leaders and cadres in false cases. We want to warn them that we will fight till the end and will not be cowed by such threats," he said.
- UPDATE 1-Venezuelan general urges military to disavow Maduro as opposition stages rallies
- Venezuela Airforce General recognises opposition leader Guaido as interim president
- Opposition leaders called up to extend support, says Mamata
- Taliban to meet Afghan opposition in Moscow: official
- Kolkata Police-CBI face-off: Opposition backs Mamata, calls CBI 'coalition partner of BJP'