Government undecided on bringing ordinance to amend Citizenship Bill
"I cannot say anything as of now on this matter. We will think over it," Tomar said in response to IANS query whether ordinances will be brought in place of the said bills. The Citizenship Amendment Bill is being widely opposed, especially in the northeast where even the BJP's allies in the NDA have taken a strong exception to the legislation that was passed by the Lok Sabha last month.
Tomar blamed the opposition for non-passage of the triple talaq bill, saying the opposition's attitude changed as the election came nearer.
- 'Once in a century' floods hit northeast Australia
- Northeast political parties, students' bodies intensify campaign against Citizenship Bill in Delhi
- 'Once-in-a-century' floods hit northeast Australia
- Man sets afire house over brother getting govt job, 4 killed
- Plane crashes into house in California, 5 killed alongwith pilot