Cold wave intensifies as gusty winds accompany chill in UP
A cold wave intensified in Uttar Pradesh on Monday with reports of rains in few parts of the state, the weather office said. The chill was accompanied by gusty winds, making it difficult for people, especially school children, to venture out of their homes in the morning.
J.P. Gupta, Director of the regional Met Office, said the cold wave was due to a western disturbance in the region which will continue till February 2. The temperature is likely to further plummet by at least five degrees.
Visibility will be poor in some parts of the state due to fog causing train delays and road traffic. The minimum temperature in the state capital on Monday was 8 degrees Celsius and the maximum is likely to hover around 20 degrees.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Congress began its journey from Uttar Pradesh, it cannot remain weak in the state: Rahul Gandhi.
- Woman abducted and raped near Muzaffarnagar in Uttar Pradesh
- Priyanka roars with grand road show, Rahul says time BJP to leave Uttar Pradesh
- SP-BJP face-off continues in Uttar Pradesh
- Police arrest father-son duo who allegedly made spurious liquor that killed over 70 in Uttarakhand and Uttar Pradesh: Haridwar SSP. PTI ALM SOMSOM