Icy winds drop temperatures, intensify cold waves across UP
The cold wave intensified in Uttar Pradesh on Tuesday with icy winds causing temperatures to drop further, the weather office said. According to the Met Office, the cold wave will continue until the end of this week.
Regional Met Director J.P. Gupta said that due to continuous snowfall in the hilly regions of northern India, the chill has intensified in the plains. He added that while a western disturbance in the region will weaken in a day or two, the cold wave will continue and could in fact intensify in the first week of February. The state capital recorded a minimum temperature of 7.2 degrees Celsius on Tuesday while the maximum is likely to hover around 20 degrees.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- PM Ardern announces creation of new skills, employment initiative in regions
- 42Gears partners with Mobility MEA to strengthen offerings in GCC region
- Aupito William Sio welcomes investment to expand Pacific Employment in regions
- Cong would need to ally with regional supremos to defeat BJP in 2019 polls
- RPT-Regional bloc plans pressure campaign against Venezuela's Maduro