Atletico coach responds to criticism over unimpressive league start
Atletico Madrid coach Diego Simeone on Friday said that he is used to the pressure, adding that results are always the key to change a difficult situation amid criticism that his team has underperformed so far in the new season.
"Beyond (the fact) that I may make mistakes ... I hopefully make as few mistakes as possible while choosing the starting players," Simeone said in a press conference after the morning session on the eve of Saturday's La Liga clash against Eibar.
Simeone has only 16 first-team players available for the game, missing injured Nikola Kalinic, Santiago Arias, Victor Machin, known as Vitolo, and Stefan Savic.
- Instagram adding previews of IGTV videos in main feeds on home page
- Adding walnuts to your diet can lower risk of depression
- Real Madrid leapfrog Atletico in La Liga with 3-1 derby win
- Barca give fresh hope to La Liga rivals after Bilbao stalemate
- Soccer-Five talking points from the weekend in La Liga