Spanish prosecutors said Mourinho, 56, failed to declare revenues from image rights in Spanish tax declarations from 2011 and 2012, when he was coach of Real Madrid, "with the aim of obtaining illicit profits". (Reporting by Richard Martin; Editing by Hugh Lawson)
Soccer-Mourinho fined for tax fraud in Spain in lieu of jail time
Former Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has accepted a one-year prison sentence for tax fraud, a Spanish court filing showed on Tuesday, although the Portuguese will not serve any jail time after exchanging the sentence for a fine.
READ MORE ON : Jose MourinhoHugh LawsonManchester City F.C.Richard MartinReal Madrid BaloncestoReal MadridCrown ProsecutorPortuguese cuisinePortuguese discoveriesPortugueseReal Madrid TVSpanish ArmadaJosÃ© MourinhoSpanish LanguageManchester UnitedBrazilian PortugueseReal Madrid CastillaprosecutorsSpanishManchester United F.C.
- Barcelona register wins over Manchester United while Ajax draws with Juventus
- Swedish woman to ask prosecutors to reopen Julian Assange rape investigation
- UPDATE 2-Carlos Ghosn's wife questioned by prosecutors at Tokyo District Court -Kyodo
- Swedish lawyer to push prosecutors to reopen Julian Assange rape probe
- German prosecutors raid 19 locations as part of mega tax investigations