China-Japan gymnasts train together in Tokyo
On the Media Day on Wednesday, athletes from the two countries trained together at the Ajinomono National Training Center, in events including horizontal and parallel bars, pommel horse, vault and floor exercise. "I think the joint training between China and Japan is a good start, and it is good for the two countries to improve the exchange of training and learn from each other," the Chinese team's coach Wang Hongwei said.
Speaking of what the team has learned so far, Wang said they have gained a lot by getting familiar with the equipment to be used in the Tokyo Olympics, learning about the diet in Tokyo and trying Japanese food, as well as visiting the venue and the Olympic village. Zou Jingyuan, winner of the men's parallel bars at the 2017 worlds and the 2018 Asian Games in Jakarta, said he hopes to warm up for the Tokyo Olympics in the joint training session, and he hopes they will defend the team title at this year's World Gymnastics Championships (WGC).
- Preparation of Indian athletes for participation in International sports events
- Fiscal deficit for April-December window touches 112.4 percent due to low revenue
- RJD leader Tejashwi Yadav arrives at Mamata Banerjee's dharna venue, expresses solidarity and support.
- Alphabet's Q4 revenue up 22 pct to USD 39.3 bln on Google's robust ad business
- App launched to book wedding venue in Lutyen's Delhi