As people nowadays love to spend more time watching videos across multiple devices and platforms, it's getting increasingly important for the advertising ecosystem to provide better ad experience to attract consumers and keep them engaged. Programmatic video technology not only provides a better viewing experience to the consumers but also presents a great opportunity for the publishers to sell their video inventory and boost revenues.
- More information, more value
The amount of information shared about the video inventory is closely interlinked with higher CPMs (cost per thousand impressions) and fill rates (Impressions / Requests). To keep the consumers engaged with an ad, its critical for advertisers to increase the viewability, brand safety, and demographic data of their video inventory. Google Ad Manager supports the IAB's Identifier for Advertisers (IFA) guidelines and recommends advertising partners to adopt these guidelines to reach audiences.
- Leverage responsible first-party data or unique insights
To improve advertising effectiveness and experience for users, you can use Google Ad Manager's audience solutions to help advertising partners benefit from your first-party data or unique insights from visitors or content whilst protecting against data leakage.
- Overcoming organizational silos
Lack of knowledge around revenue strategies, sales priorities limits broadcaster's ability to take full advantage of the evolving digital ecosystem, according to Google research. To achieve organizational alignment between direct and digital sales teams and modernize direct ad buying, use Programmatic Guaranteed deals that promise to deliver more value to both advertisers and publishers.
- Maximize yield on ad inventory
No matter which advertising partners you use, you can always achieve a higher yield on ad inventory using Google Ad Manager's Exchange Bidding and Open Action by targeting specific buyers, advertisers, or brands and by inviting multiple third-party exchanges to compete for your ad inventory. The Ad Manager also provides you with a suite of yield management solutions to manage your inventory as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Conduct technical video audits to avoid errors
To avoid technical errors, the Google Ad Manager technical consultant team recommends to include the following steps in your audits:
- Periodic review of sites and apps for latency, render rates, and prefetching opportunities
- Conduct audit for VAST (Video Ad Serving Template) errors, timeout windows, and issues passing user agent
- Use Ad Manager inventory controls to get more control over your inventory. The simple, time-saving solution will help you control pricing, blocking and other configurations
- Use Ad Manager's Dynamic Ad Insertion to ensure a seamless experience across content and ads
- Minimize risks with Ad Manager's publisher protections
To reduce fraud and maintain transparency throughout the advertising supply chain, use Google Ad Manager's spam protections, including standards like Ads.txt and apps-ads.txt. Google also recommends the use of Ad Manager's Ad Review Center not only to review ads but also to block and report bad ads in real-time.
- Maximize revenue with Ad Manager's demand-side connections
Lastly, using the Ad manager you can boost revenues for your inventory and also manage deals all in one place via integrated demand-side connections to Google Authorized Buyers, including Display & Video 360, Google Ads, and agencies. The Display & Video 360 Marketplace will help you browse all available publishers and products, including the Programmatic Guaranteed Deals, and negotiate deals.