Huawei set to invest $2 billion in cybersecurity, upgrade its laboratories
Through the investment, the company will hire more people and upgrade its laboratories, after several governments expressed doubt over the safety of its products, Efe news reported citing the newspaper.
The announcement came weeks after the detention of Huawei's Chief Financial Officer Meng Wanzhou in Canada for alleged violation of economic sanctions imposed by the US against Iran.
Hu said the firm was waiting for a "just conclusion of Meng's case", according to the daily.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- UPDATE 7-Trump to meet with China's Xi to try to seal trade deal, progress reported
- UPDATE 8-Trump to meet with China's Xi to try to seal trade deal, progress reported
- 'Empire' actor's family condemns assault he reported suffering in Chicago
- UPDATE 4-Amazon pulls numerous products from India website as new e-commerce rules bite
- UPDATE 5-New e-commerce rules jolt Amazon.com in India as products vanish