J&K: CRPF jawan killed in militant attack in Pulwama district
Militants lobbed a grenade and fired on a CRPF camp in Kakapora area of the district in south Kashmir Sunday evening, a police official said, adding the attack was successfully repulsed by the security forces.
However, in the attack, a CRPF jawan identified as Head Constable Chandrika Prasad sustained injuries, the official said. Prasad was shifted to a nearby hospital where he succumbed to injuries.
The camp had come up in view of the ongoing panchayat elections in the state.
The official said as the militants were trying to flee the area after the attack, security forces immediately cordoned off the area and initiated searches.
"Consequently, exchange of fire between security forces and terrorists took place until the last report was received," he said, adding further details were awaited.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Two JeM militants killed in gunfight with security forces in Pulwama
- J-K Police recovers dead body of woman killed by militants
- Militants kill Pulwama woman, body recovered from Shopian village
- Two IAF pilots die of fatal injuries in Mirage crash in Bengaluru
- Two JeM militants killed in Pulwama encounter