Jaffer Sharief laid to rest in full state honors
Sharief, 85, died at a private hospital here Sunday following a cardiac arrest.
"The burial ceremony started at 2.30 pm and culminated at 3 pm," Riazuddin, who was working with Sharief as his personal assistant said, adding that the body was buried with full state honours.
Sharief, a seven-time Lok Sabha member, was a staunch loyalist of Indira Gandhi.
He had served as the railway minister in the P V Narasimha Rao government between 1991 and 1995.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Railway Minister announces Rs 5 lakh ex gratia to kin of those killed in Bihar rail accident, Rs 1 lakh each to grievously injured people.
- Israeli mosque prayer caller fired over photos in bodybuilder outfit
- EC 'truly unique' body has supervised 'free and fair' polls for 7 decades: Pranab
- Body spotted by investigators in the wrecakage of plane carrying Emiliano Sala
- Dead body found under Emiliano Sala's plane wreckage in English Channel