Jihadist attack on Yirgou residents leads to 46 deaths, many injured
Rémy Dandjinou said on state television that jihadists attacked the ethnic Mossi village of Yirgou after nightfall on Monday in an effort to stoke ethnic conflict. Yirgou residents killed seven Fulani herders in a nearby area in apparent retaliation the following day, the government has said.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Two JeM militants killed in gunfight with security forces in Pulwama
- J-K Police recovers dead body of woman killed by militants
- Militants kill Pulwama woman, body recovered from Shopian village
- Brazil embassy in Germany attacked; political motive suspected
- Woman shot dead at point blank range by Militant in J & K