Adi Godrej, HDFC's Deepak Parekh honoured with `Xavier Ratna' awards
Chairman of Godrej Group Adi Godrej and non-executive chairman of HDFC Deepak Parekh were honoured with `Xavier Ratna' awards on 150th anniversary celebration of St Xavier's School here Saturday. Maharashtra Governor Ch Vidyasagar Rao presented the awards, given to illustrious alumni of the school. Former Maharashtra chief minister Ashok Chavan, renowned cardiologist Dr Eric Borjes and legendary cricketer Sunil Gavaskar were also conferred with Xavier Ratna awards.
Gavaskar was not present for the award ceremony. The school was founded in 1869. The felicitation function had been organised jointly by the school and the St Xavier's Alumni Association. President of the Alumni Association Shabbir Beguwala, Manager of St Xavier's School Dr Francis Swamy and Principal Sharmila Sunny were present on the occasion. Governor Rao noted in his speech that dramatic changes are taking place in the field of school education. The schools failing to understand emerging trends and aspirations of students might face closure, he warned.
(With inputs from agencies.)
Download The Devdiscourse News App for Latest News.
- READ MORE ON:
- St Xavier's Alumni Association
- Governor Rao
- Manager of St Xavier's School Dr Francis Swamy
- non-executive chairman of HDFC Deepak Parekh
- illustrious alumni
- Sunil Gavaskar
- Xavier Ratna awards
- field of school education
- MaharashtraGovernor Ch Vidyasagar Rao
- Chairman of Godrej Group Adi
- Alumni Association Shabbir Beguwala
- legendary cricketer
- renowned cardiologist Dr Eric Borjes
- celebration of St Xavier's School
- National News