CBI officer challenges his transfer in SC
Sources in the CBI said on Monday that Balaji was recently transferred to the CBI academy after an order issued by Rao. Balaji has levelled several allegations against Rao in his petition, saying "I am being targeted by M. Nageswara Rao".
This is the first such challenge against Rao by any agency official. Earlier, several other CBI officers had challenged in court over their transfers as well as actions taken by the agency against them since October 23 night when former Director Alok Verma and his then deputy, former Special Director Rakesh Asthana were sent on forced leave divesting of their powers.
- US judge approves court-appointed oversight of Chicago Police Department
- WRAPUP 3-Venezuela's Guaido courts Russia; powers divided on Maduro
- PBOC told some commercial banks to moderate pace of lending in Jan: Sources
- Poor have the first right over nation's resources: FM.
- Jailed Reuters reporters launch last appeal to Myanmar court