Five missing after fire erupts at plastic factory in North 24 Parganas
Five people went missing after a fire broke out in a plastic furniture manufacturing unit in North 24 Parganas district on Monday, a state minister said. After visiting the site on Tuesday, West Bengal Finance Minister Amit Mitra said search for the missing people is being carried out by fire officials.
An FIR will be registered by the fire department and the police will take stringent action to book the culprits if proper norms and guidelines are found to have been flouted, Mitra said. A major fire broke that broke out at a plastic chair manufacturing unit at Ghola was brought under control after eight hours on Monday. Twenty-five fire tenders were pressed into service to douse the flames..
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Aussie agencies using new decryption powers even before promised review
- AgustaWestland chopper case: Delhi court seeks agencies' reply on alleged middleman Christian Michel's bail application by Feb 12.
- Aussie security agencies begin using vast decryption powers before planned review
- Mara Corporation joins hand with Rwanda govt to set up country’s first smartphone factory
- Iran reveals missile, shows off underground factory